Monday, February 25, 2008

Snow Day

It's a snow day. This is NOT a good thing. About 20 minutes after I called into work, my "acting" boss (my main boss is on vacation), called me and asked if there was any way that I could make it into work. I asked him where the other tellers are (they both live in Breckenridge and can walk to work if necessary) and one of them has pneumonia and the other one is down in Denver. He probably got stuck down there because I-70 is probably closed. Not good. Cole is stuck, being the only person on the teller line on a Monday (which is usually a pretty busy day). After I got stuck trying to drive down my road, I decided to give up and wait for the plow truck. I didn't care to get stuck again. I HOPE that they come by today. Our road is a county road and it should be plowed regularly but Park County is essentially being lazy (supposedly due to budget cuts) and not necessarily plowing our road when it needs to be done. They have plowed it the last few years and at the beginning of this year when it got really bad, we called the county roads and bridges and they said our road wasn't on their list of roads to plow. Interesting, since it has been plowed every year prior. Fortunately, they have been out a few times this season to plow the road but it's really a hit and miss situation. Sometimes they plow and sometimes they don't. I sure hope that they come and plow today. It would certainly be good if I could at least get into work at some point today to help Cole out. I just don't want to chance it until the road is plowed. I'm sure that Hwy 9 is perfectly fine, it's just a matter of getting down there. It's about 1600 vertical feet below us.

No comments: