Sunday, July 20, 2008

A Message to Corey Haim

I've been a fan of Corey Haim and Corey Feldman since I was a kid. I always had a mad crush on Corey Haim. I loved the movies they did and have many of them on video.

Here's my message to Corey Haim... STOP IT!!!!! The last thing that I want to hear in the news is a story about you overdosing. It would be a total waste! You have a great deal of potential and you're letting it all pass you by. Yes, you were big in the 80's and you're struggling big time now. Stop feeling sorry for yourself. I understand that you feel like you're totally alone and nothing seems to go your way and you can't seem to get out of the rut you're in. I understand that you want to be as big as you were in the 80's again and that you don't feel like you're going to make it. You may never be that big again but you can succeed!!! Stop thinking that you won't succeed. The first thing you need to do though is stop blaming everyone else. You made the decisions you made. You got caught up in the "Hollywood lifestyle." Don't get caught up in it again. One of the most endearing traits of a well known actor is that they are down to earth. Try to be down to earth. The second, and probably most important thing you need to do, is get clean. I missed the episode of, "The Two Coreys" tonight but could probably catch it on YouTube. I understand that you showed up on set high. What the heck were you thinking!!?? Corey, there are hundreds of thousands of people in the US who would LOVE to have the opportunities you've had. Hang in there. You'll find success again. Do what you need to do to be successful in the industry again. Those of us who are true fans will always be there to support you. Even better, you have the chance to reunite with people you have a history with... some is good and some is bad. If there's one thing I've learned in my 30 years of life, it's that friends are one of the most important things in your life. We all change... good and bad. Hold on to those friendships, accept the differences that have developed and charish the similarities. There are still similarities. Corey, your fans will always be here for you. Heck, if I lived in L.A., I'd love to be your friend. I make a great friend. :-) I've always been someone who my friends can depend on for love, support and encouragement. As for your romantic relationships... hang in there. If I were single, I'd love to get to know you. :-) My suggestion is to check out girls who are down to earth. Don't date an actress and try to find someone who isn't "using" you. As for depression... I don't know a lot about it. In most cases anti-depressants work great but in your case, that probably would be one of the worst options. I think that it's great that you are in therapy. I hope that can help you and you continue to do it. Also, try to look at the positive things in your life. There are always good things, even when it seems like there aren't any, there are. You are pursuing your dream. You have fans who love you and want to see you succeed. Enjoy life. It's a wonderous thing. Help others. You will find a great deal of satisfaction in it. Also, remember, there is ALWAYS someone who is worse off than you. Do your best and pursue your dreams wholeheartedly. Don't do anything half-ass'd. We will support you 100%! Hang in there, bud. YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!

No comments: