Monday, September 22, 2008

90210

Well, apparently there's a "new generation" of Beverly Hills, 90210 which simply goes by "90210." Honestly, I haven't seen this show yet. I thought it started tomorrow but apparently, it started a couple of weeks ago. I would like to see it... out of sheer curiosity. I was a big fan of the original show and I'd like to see how it compares. The "new generation" is clearly not geared towards the original fans (most of us are in our 30's now) but it definitely looks like the show itself is very much based on the original one... a family from the mid-west moves to Beverly Hills and has to adapt to life in this crazy, rich community. One of the kids from that family gets a job at "The Peach Pit" which, apparently is just called, "The Pit" now. Everything looks similar to the original except the cast is definitely younger. On the original show, the cast played teenagers but the only one who was actually a teenager at the time was Brian Austin Green. It looks like this new cast actually is a bunch of teenagers and they are dealing with common teenage issues of today (which are definitely more dramatic than they were when I was a teenager). I'm honestly not crazy about them re-doing this show. I wish that they would have done something that carried on from the original, with the original cast, in full, but I'm sure it's all about getting the attention of the new teenage audience. It is the CW, afterall. Well, I guess that I'll have to try to watch episodes online and see what the show is all about. I'm sure that there are tons of comparisons to the original.

No comments: