Saturday, September 20, 2008

The Anticipation is Building

Man, now that there have been 3 New Kids on the Block shows and I've seen pictures, heard stories and seen videos (thanks to the New Kids network on Ning), I am SO much more excited about their show in Denver. I mean, I was already ecstatic about finally being able to see them after 20 years but now it's even more so. It's great to hear everyone's stories about their experiences both at the concert and at the VIP events. I'm SO happy that I decided to invest in a VIP5* ticket/pass. This is definitely the opportunity of a lifetime for me and I can hardly contain myself. I just wish that I didn't have so long to wait.

It will be interesting to see how the shows and the VIP experiences evolve and change through the course of the tour. I definitely think that it will be different for me in 2 months than it is for the fans who are seeing shows now. I wonder if the concert set list will change? I wonder how the VIP experience will change? It's all very interesting and exciting.

I really can't believe that I actually have another opportunity to see the New Kids in concert and, even better yet, meet them. Twenty years ago, when they were HUGE and I was 11, I never got to see them. I'm not really sure why. I guess it was probably because my parents weren't interested enough in finding out about concerts in Michigan and then investing the time, effort and money in getting me a ticket, getting a hotel, etc. I wish I would have had the opportunity then but I think that it will almost be even more exciting now. For starters, I'm an adult and so are the guys. I think that both of us really understand how important it is to take in the experience and truly enjoy it. You can bet that I will enjoy every moment. I'm afraid that it will all go by too quickly though. I look forward to taking lots of pictures and being able to relive the experience for the rest of my life.

I wonder how I'll react once I get there? I bet that I'll just be smiling from ear to ear and overcome with happiness. I don't think that I'll be shaking or have a hard time finding my words. I think that I'm pretty level-headed. I'll probably be observing a lot... taking it all in. I probably won't say a lot... not because I can't get the words out but because I'll be absorbing everything. I just think that it will really be a surreal experience.

I REALLY can't wait!!! I hope that it's everything I expect and more.

No comments: