Tuesday, September 2, 2008

The Block- My Review

I LOVE THIS ALBUM!!! Of course, part of the reason for that is that it's new New Kids but it really is a great album. Lately, I've been listening to music from the 60's and 70's (and old New Kids stuff) so it's a bit out of my realm but I love the album. I'd say that, overall, the sound is club music. It sounds NOTHING like any of their old stuff. There aren't any songs that I dislike and it's a really neat, unique sound. I'd say that my favorite songs are, "Click, Click, Click" and "Dirty Dancing." They both have their own sounds and are fun to listen to. Of course, I still love "Summertime" but those two are just cool. The guys worked with lots of different artists which made the album that much more interesting. Donnie and Jordan were the main contributors regarding writing the songs. They had guys who wrote most of their songs but those two helped to write a lot of them. At the end of, "Stare at You" there's a soundbite of Donnie talking with his son Elijah. So cute!!! I also bought the deluxe edition of the album so I got a few extra songs and a DVD about the guys getting together again. That was pretty cool. Some of the songs are definitely "dirty" in content but it just reiterates the fact that the guys are all grown-up (they're all in their mid to late 30's and Jon is 40). I give the album 5 out of 5 stars. I really think that it's great!

No comments: